Friday, February 23, 2018

Single. Still.

27 and still single.

Am I scared? Am I ashamed?
The answer is no. I am not.

All those around me are either engaged, married, married with kids and so on. But me? I am still enjoying my life as a single woman. To be pretty honest, the main reason why i'm still not married at this age is just this; i am not ready. A very simple reason, really. I am not ready to live with one person for the rest of my life. I am not ready to give away my freedom once i got married. To make it simple, i am not ready to bear responsibilities that come with marriage.

(And i really hate the fact that you have to tell your husband your every move once you got married.
That is so suffocating and subtly controlling, full offense.)

One more thing, i feel responsible for my parents. As the youngest in my family, i feel obligated to take care of my parents and make them happy. If i got married, i know i won't be able to meet them very often. So i came up with a new goal in life; i am gonna be a single woman who only cares for and adores her happy family.

The end.

No comments: